Magnetic Tiles Mania

Grades: 1 - 2

Dates & Times: June 17 - 21 (Week 4), 9 AM - 12 PM (waitlist only!)

Location: Gruening 301, UAF Campus

Cost: $195

Description: This camp will be hands-on, interactive, and creative, with fun activities and lots of learning. Campers will delight in playing, constructing, and exploring with the magnetic tiles. At the end of the camp session, students will take a kit of tiles (120 tiles, including two vehicle axles) and a booklet with pictures of building ideas home so they can continue creating with family and friends. This camp centers on the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) curriculum.

Please note the enrollment and cancellation policies listed on the front page

Instructor: Marilyn Mount

A little about your instructor: I am a retired FNSBSD teacher and school counselor with over 30 years of experience! I earned my teaching degree in New Jersey and my master's in guidance and counseling at UAF. I have taught in California, Florida, and Alaska, and l still enjoy working with students. I helped with a few of the Summer Sessions camps last summer and had so much fun that I decided to offer a new camp. I was inspired to teach Magnetic Tiles Mania because I saw how much fun my young neighbors have creating with magnetic tiles.