Instructor: Allison Zhang 

A bit about me: I am a nature and landscape painter working in a cold-wax and oil method. I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts with a Minor in Art History from the University of Oklahoma in 2011, before uprooting my life to explore the subarctic. I currently live in Fairbanks, Alaska, where I completed a Master of Fine Arts degree at University of Alaska Fairbanks. I teach art history as an adjunct Instructor for UAF. 

You can email me with any questions about the course at aszhang@alaska.edu.

Painting

Grades: 7-12

Dates: June 1-29

Zoom Times: Tuesdays, 2pm

Cost: $195

Description: Learn to express yourself through the art of painting! Students will learn the basics of color mixing, watercolor and acrylic techniques, and foundational elements of color and design during this 5-week course. 

Every week we will start with a Zoom session to introduce new projects, and share student work from the previous week to discuss challenges and inspirations. 

Course Kit Content: watercolor paint set, acrylic paint set, paint brushes, activity-appropriate paper  

Supplies You Will Provide: drawing pencil, paint palette (a paper plate with a sheet of wax paper works great!)