Instructor: Allison Zhang 

A bit about me: I am a nature and landscape painter working in a cold-wax and oil method. I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts with a Minor in Art History from the University of Oklahoma in 2011, before uprooting my life to explore the subarctic. I currently live in Fairbanks, Alaska, where I completed a Master of Fine Arts degree at University of Alaska Fairbanks. I teach art history as an adjunct Instructor for UAF. 

You can email me with any questions about the course at aszhang@alaska.edu.

Painting II

Grades: 7-12

Dates: July 13-August 10 

Zoom Times: Tuesdays, 2pm

Cost: $195

Description: Learn to express yourself through the art of painting! During this 5-week course, students will build on the painting techniques learned in the first painting course to create more advanced art projects in watercolor and acrylic.
Every week we will start with a Zoom session to introduce new projects, and share student work from the previous week to discuss challenges and inspirations. 

Course Kit Content: Acrylic gouache, quality drawing pens for line-and-wash technique, [components from the painting I kit will also be used]

Supplies You Will Provide: drawing pencil, paint palette (a paper plate with a sheet of wax paper works great!)